Financial + Professional Services
H+K's Financial + Professional Services services has a new opportunity for an established Associate Director within this dynamic and ambitious team of 30 to help lead one of their biggest, most challenging but most satisfying accounts.
The Team + Role
Financial + Professional Services (FPS) is one of H+K’s leading teams and has just been named H+K’s Team of the Year. The business has grown rapidly over the past six years based on a successful strategy of providing clients with both the depth of expertise in financial and professional services they expect and the breadth of experience they require in multi-stakeholder, multi-channel communications. While FPS is the team’s core, we also deliver corporate and consumer work for clients in many other sectors.
We are looking for quality candidates with broad experience of creating corporate campaigns for big, (ideally but not necessarily food and drink) brands. The successful candidate will have exceptional client handling skills, strong team leadership qualities, a ton of creativity, and a demonstrable record in creating powerful corporate campaigns and deliver high-impact, multi-channel content.
The focus of the role is corporate but the business is consumer-facing and sympathy with or experience of, consumer comms would be helpful.
This role would suit an experienced Associate Director who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can quickly and calmly dart from one task to another. You don’t need to be an expert in everything but knowing something about most things is useful.
This is a high profile, high performing team within a major agency. We offer superb training and support across the board.
The Primary Client
pladis is a newly launched global biscuit and confectionary company. It was formed when owner Yildiz Holding brought together Godiva Chocolatier, United Biscuits (McVities, Jacobs, Carrs, Go-Ahead), Ulker and DeMets, to form a £5.2 billion company and one of the world’s biggest biscuit and confectionary companies.
H+K is the global communications partner for pladis. The team helped build the communications strategy, brand and functions for the company’s global launch in June 2016 and continue to lead communications activity across corporate communications, crisis management, social media, brand guardianship, employer brand and consumer campaigning, as well as general business consulting.
You would spend 60-75% of your time on this client with the rest devoted to other clients best suited to your experience. You would of course work on new business when the right opportunity arises.
Responsibilities + Attributes
- Proven track record in creating and leading high-level, high-impact corporate communications campaigns, gained through experience of working with big brands
- Running integrated campaigns across multiple markets and/or disciplines and ensuring delivery against campaign objectives
- Agency experience preferred. Candidates with in-house experience must be able to demonstrate a track record of managing a range of senior stakeholders
- Able to incorporate other disciplines/experts into their work without necessarily being the expert themselves, such as government affairs, employee engagement, CSR
- A detailed and sophisticated understanding of modern media, both traditional and new
- Exceptional client handling skills; experience of delivering wide-ranging corporate counsel to senior client
- A team player but able to lead high performing teams. Able to earn the respect of the team as well as motivate and develop
- Big-picture thinker with attention to detail, particularly under pressure