Energy + Industrials
Following several years of double-digit growth, H+K London’s Energy + Industrials sector is looking to recruit an established corporate communications Director to join the team.
The Team / Role
This dynamic team is developing as a global hub of excellence within the energy and industrials area, working across traditional energy, renewable energy, power and utilities, transport, logistics and industrial tech. The work is by definition international, though we work mainly on the UK and European aspects of communications for clients.
The role will involve running and creating cross-discipline, multi-stakeholder campaigns, including corporate, public affairs and digital communications, to ensure the delivery of the deepest and broadest corporate proposition.
The successful recruit will also lead on the International business arm within H+K London’s Energy and Industrials practice, supporting the current MD to expand the offer and continue to build on the high performance culture within the team.
This is an opportune time for an ambitious senior PR/Communications practitioner to join this award-winning team.
Clients within the team include Eon, Dong Energy, Hitachi Europe, Linde, IOGP, Shell, Statoil, GE Oil & Gas, Anglo American, RATP Dev, DHL Supply Chain, Poyry, Rockwool, Victaulic.
- Experience in providing strategic counsel to clients
- Strong digital communication experience and knowledge is essential
- A proven record of winning new business and in leading, managing and growing a profitable portfolio of clients
- Experience in running and creating cross-discipline, multi-stakeholder campaigns, including corporate, public affairs and digital
- Proven contacts in the industrials, transport, logistics and manufacturing industries, preferably on both a local and global level
- Demonstrable passion for the sector and detailed knowledge of the commercial and communications challenges faced across all stakeholders
- Dynamic and proven, team leader and coach, with exceptional people management skills
- Excellent client servicing skills, with experience within manufacturing, transport, defence, mining, oil and gas companies
- P&L responsibility for the UK Industrials business unit (fee income of £1m+)
- Monitor client budgets, over servicing reports and take pro-active steps to meet key financial targets and ensure revenue growth and team profitability
- Prepare strategic and operational business plans to deliver sustainable revenue and profit growth for the Industrials business, in collaboration with the MD
- Plan and drive new business on designated accounts and take responsibility for new business development, networking and marketing activities, as well as new business acquisition and conversion
- Participate in thought leadership opportunities to represent H+K
- Trusted advisor at C-suite executives, providing senior level strategic counsel and insight, guidance and creativity to meet client requirements
- Lead client teams to expand revenue channels and grow existing client business into new areas
- Champion the importance of client satisfaction and service within the team, leading by example and encouraging positive client relationship building behaviour and ensuring flawless execution of day-to-day client work
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to coordinate and oversee a number of projects concurrently across multiple functional company departments/regions
- Continuously focus efforts on developing and enhancing the skills and capabilities of the team
- Model the desired leadership behaviour for both the sector and agency, and foster a performance-led culture