Junior Business Development Executive
Business Development, sitting at the heart of the H+K business, is currently looking for a smart, ambitious junior to join our small but perfectly formed team, as a Junior Business Development Executive.
The Team + Role
We are the central team responsible for new business, marketing and communications activities for the UK agency. We also work closely with the EMEA team and have regular touch points with parent company, the leading marketing services group, WPP.
As Junior Business Development Executive you will have the opportunity to broaden your experience across a wide range of disciplines and activities ranging from new business, awards submissions and bid work, showcases of our work and people, full involvement in our marketing activities including our events programme, day to day management of our website, full engagement across our digital channels and creation of a range of different content.
Responsibilities + Attributes
- Experience working in agency ideally in a new business, marketing or biz dev role (circa 2 years)
- Excellent creating writing ability – from press releases, blog posts to award entries – with the ability to craft impactful narrative from the information at hand and impeccable attention to detail
- A keen interest and experience in digital communications and traditional/social media with an informed understanding of the current landscape for brands
- Proven organisational and project management skills and event management experience
- An active interest in business and the marketing communications arenas as well as current affairs and politics, with media relations experience advantageous
- Proactivity, ambition and a love of winning and seeing the agency progress as a direct and indirect result of your actions
- A solutions-focused problem solver with the desire and willingness to turn your hand to a broad range of tasks and clients
- A self-starter with energy and gravitas who works well within a small collaborative team and looks to add value at every opportunity
- Personable and good interpersonal skills – able to interact at all levels and with different personalities and keen to build face-to-face relationships with teams across the agency
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritising skills, with the ability to manage and meet deadlines by ensuring that milestones are met and actions are taken to identify/resolve likely delays so as not to impact delivery
- Passionate and enthusiastic, confident and curious
- Thrives in a fast paced environment where delivering the extra mile is par for the course
- A keen visual eye; savvy in Word and PPT, ideally with some Photoshop and creative editing suite expertise