Sports + Partnership Marketing
An internship at H+K is the ideal platform to launch your PR career, and take that first step towards establishing yourself as a communications specialist within the sector that shares your passion for a particular industry.
The Team / Role
Trusted advisors to many of the industry’s highest profile sponsors and sports organisations, H+K’s dynamic Sports team has been behind some of the most talked about sponsorship activation and sports communication campaigns for more than a decade. Earning an enviable reputation and winning awards along the way, recent accolades include the In2 Sabre (Content Creation, Best Use of Twitter) and Hermes (Social Marketing, CSR) Creative Awards.
If you’re media savvy with a passion for sports and a bit of communications experience under your belt, and are immediately available to start your career working with experts in their field and internationally recognised brands then we’d love to hear from you. Get in touch and tell us why you want to join our team!
Responsibilities will include
- Assisting the team with editorial outreach, including media sell-ins and organising product drops/requests for media & bloggers
- Maintaining and regularly updating the administrative elements of the account (including coverage charts, agendas, coverage folders, media list etc.)
- Monitoring for coverage and keeping abreast of relevant industry news
- Desk research for new business pitches and current clients
- Assisting the team with managing event/photoshoot/press trip logistics
What we're looking for
- A keen interest and ambition in PR and digital marketing
- An appetite for current affairs and keen interest in the sports industry/sector
- Knowledge of the UK media landscape, particularly football bloggers
- A strong teamwork ethic
- Excellent communications skills and strong written ability
- The desire to learn quickly and the ability to maintain a positive attitude
- Proactivity and initiative
- Self-assured, tenacious and supportive
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritising skills
- A knowledge of social media advantageous
- Strong digital communication experience, in particular robust social media credentials content and publishing strategy development would be advantageous
Download H+K Sports Intern.pdf (1)